If you have installed the latest Windows Update and right after that your PC got stuck with a Fatal Error C0000022 while rebooting, you should force the system to shut down and then try to restart it. If you managed to get into your PC successfully, then move on to the next fix. In case you cannot get to the desktop anyway, please perform a System Restore:
- When your PC is trying to reboot, press Shift key repeatedly;
- Select Repair your computer;
- Then click on Troubleshoot and select Advanced options;
- Finally, opt for System Restore and wait for the Windows OS to initiate fixes automatically.
Method 2. Install the updates manually
If the problem does not seem to be triggered by third-party programs or viruses, we would then recommend you to navigate to the official Microsoft’s website and download Windows update manually. If the update seems to be installed, but the Fatal Error C0000022 reappears, it might be that Microsoft has released the damaged update, which shouldn’t be installed until the patch is released. To reverse the installed update, you have to:
- Press Windows key + I to open Settings;
- Select Update & Security;
- Click Update History;
- Select Uninstall Updates at the top of the window;
- Then locate the latest updates installed;
- Right-click on them and select Uninstall;
- Reboot the PC.
Method 3. Try uninstalling the recent updates by DISM command
- Right-click on Windows button;
- Select Command Prompt (Admin);
- Type the following command and hit Enter:
- DISM.exe /online /get-packages
- Locate the name of the installed update (e.g. package_for_KB976932~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~126.96.36.199) and copy it;
- Run the following command and hit Enter:
- DISM.exe /online /remove-package /packagename:[ENTER THE NAME OF THE UPDATE HERE] (e.g. DISM.exe /Image:C:\\ /remove-package /packagename:package_for_KB976932~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~188.8.131.52)
- Reboot your computer.